« Five Reasons O'Donnell Could Win | Main | Top Headline Comments 9-15-10 »
September 15, 2010

Out of Work? No Prospects? No Problem! Become a Trapped Chilean Miner and Watch the Job Offers Roll In.

Headline from CBS News: Chile’s Trapped Miners Get 1000 Job offers.

(CBS/AP) “Chile's 33 trapped miners have something good to think about: their next jobs. Bulldozer driver, mechanic, electrician. And here's a couple they might find particularly useful: "risk reduction specialist" and "escape-tunnel driller."

“Two dozen companies with operations in Chile have made more than 1,000 job offers to the trapped miners and their 317 sidelined co-workers at a job fair this week. Even if they choose to go back to mining, the work won't necessarily be underground and it will almost certainly be with a company with a better safety record than their struggling current employer.”

Map of Chile

Sounds like maybe some good opportunities for the up-and-coming miners to look into. After they up-and-come that is. Though as posted about before, there’s one of them who may wish to stay down there for awhile and consider his options. (3rd entry) These are basically limited to “going Gollum” and staying there forever or ascending to the surface and hoping for the possibility of a three-way. Each has its own advantages.

All in all though it sounds like it might be a good job creation model that the Obama Administration might want to look into, given that they have no other ideas at the moment. Or ever have. Hell, I’m ready to get started right away and have already taken an online course in basic mining techniques.

I’m shovel-ready baby! I figure if I dig down at least 10 feet and then collapse the tunnel on top of me, I could at least get a couple of letters of interest from the fast food industry. Or I may just keep going ‘till I reach China. The deeper I burrow the better the job offers get. At least I think that's how it works. Should I reach China they'll probably appoint me King. Or Khan. As a benevolent and wise leader I'll return 5% of my Khandom's U.S. securities to you, just before I call in the debt for the remaining 95%.

digg this
posted by Genghis at 09:00 AM

| Access Comments

Recent Comments
Deplorable Jay Guevara[/i][/s][/b]: "Now here's what I don't get: does anyone seriously ..."

Rbastid: "When this all stated most Trump supporters assumed ..."

Gref: "Another 'Trump is Just Plain Bad' bit of "journali ..."

DaveA : "Because pay moar tax is a winner. ..."

El Jefe ~ Blue Zones POW MIA ~ You Are Not Forgotten ~: "So... The 1040 tax extension. I understand tha ..."

Jean: " 80 How do I link ATCs twitter fire to an email to ..."

Bete: "72 59 Let me guess: nothing bad will happen to any ..."

Mark Andrew Edwards, Mostly Peaceful, Free WA, Buy Ammo: "Yea Alex Good on you, girl ..."

Lizzy[/i]: "I feel like he lives in a different universe from ..."

BurtTC: "I am pretty sure the IRS has a record of every per ..."

RoyalOil: "Also note that in their rush to claim Trump is poo ..."

ace: "i added this @MZHemingway Honestly just feel b ..."

Recent Entries

Polls! Polls! Polls!
Frequently Asked Questions
The (Almost) Complete Paul Anka Integrity Kick
Top Top Tens
Greatest Hitjobs

The Ace of Spades HQ Sex-for-Money Skankathon
A D&D Guide to the Democratic Candidates
Margaret Cho: Just Not Funny
More Margaret Cho Abuse
Margaret Cho: Still Not Funny
Iraqi Prisoner Claims He Was Raped... By Woman
Wonkette Announces "Morning Zoo" Format
John Kerry's "Plan" Causes Surrender of Moqtada al-Sadr's Militia
World Muslim Leaders Apologize for Nick Berg's Beheading
Michael Moore Goes on Lunchtime Manhattan Death-Spree
Milestone: Oliver Willis Posts 400th "Fake News Article" Referencing Britney Spears
Liberal Economists Rue a "New Decade of Greed"
Artificial Insouciance: Maureen Dowd's Word Processor Revolts Against Her Numbing Imbecility
Intelligence Officials Eye Blogs for Tips
They Done Found Us Out, Cletus: Intrepid Internet Detective Figures Out Our Master Plan
Shock: Josh Marshall Almost Mentions Sarin Discovery in Iraq
Leather-Clad Biker Freaks Terrorize Australian Town
When Clinton Was President, Torture Was Cool
What Wonkette Means When She Explains What Tina Brown Means
Wonkette's Stand-Up Act
Wankette HQ Gay-Rumors Du Jour
Here's What's Bugging Me: Goose and Slider
My Own Micah Wright Style Confession of Dishonesty
Outraged "Conservatives" React to the FMA
An On-Line Impression of Dennis Miller Having Sex with a Kodiak Bear
The Story the Rightwing Media Refuses to Report!
Our Lunch with David "Glengarry Glen Ross" Mamet
The House of Love: Paul Krugman
A Michael Moore Mystery (TM)
The Dowd-O-Matic!
Liberal Consistency and Other Myths
Kepler's Laws of Liberal Media Bias
John Kerry-- The Splunge! Candidate
"Divisive" Politics & "Attacks on Patriotism" (very long)
The Donkey ("The Raven" parody)
Powered by
Movable Type 2.64