Giuliani's Flu-Like Symptoms | Main | Huckabee's Own Supposed Foreign Policy Advisor Calls Him "Cockamamie"
December 20, 2007

Princess Diana's (?) "Death Letter:" "Prince Charles Plans to Kill Me"

Eerie, but probably bunk. 50% chance it's a forgery, 45% chance it's just the florid imaginings of a somewhat off-kilter woman with an addiction to drama, 5% chance that... well, I don't know.

The note was sent to Paul Burrell, the princess's then butler, in October 1993, 10 months after her separation from Prince Charles was announced. The note written by Diana, Princess of Wales to her butler Paul Burrell The letter written by Diana to Paul Burrell

She wrote: "I am sitting here at my desk today in October, longing for someone to hug me and encourage me to keep strong and hold my head high.

"This particular phase in my life is the most dangerous - my husband is planning 'an accident' in my car, brake failure and serious head injury in order to make the path clear for him to marry Tiggy. Camilla is nothing but a decoy, so we are all being used by the man in every sense of the word."

The letter has been shown at the inquest at the Royal Courts of Justice in London to witnesses who have been challenged over their assertions that the princess did not fear for her safety.

Mohamed Fayed, the father of the princess's boyfriend, Dodi Fayed, claims that the couple were killed by MI6 on the orders of Prince Philip to prevent them marrying and having a Muslim baby.

Michael Mansfield, QC, representing Mr Fayed, has suggested to close friends of the princess that she had expressed fears for her safety, which they have denied.]

During questioning on Tuesday, the letter was shown to Lucia Flecha da Lima, the wife of the former Brazilian ambassador to London and one of the princess's closest confidantes. She said that the princess had never expressed fears for her safety.

"I still don't believe in it," she said. "Paul Burrell was perfectly capable of imitating Princess Diana's handwriting. I don't believe she was fearing for her life, especially from Prince Charles, the future king of your country."

Paul Burrell was tried (in a case that collapsed) for allegedly stealing Diana's dresses.

Eh. Not sure why she would know about this super-secret conspiracy to kill her (or, it seems, to at least put her in a coma or inflict brain damage). She doesn't say how she knows this, just that she knows.


digg this
posted by Ace at 03:39 PM

| Access Comments




Recent Comments
notsothoreau: "And I wish they'd added Megan McArdle to their lis ..."

Glenn John: "Did Egg McMuffin make the list? ..."

geoffb: "I'm sure they are all part of the "we" that McCain ..."

notsothoreau: "They simply refuse to understand that what the cou ..."

Bernette: "Yes, we're talking treason I think. Sadly not gonn ..."

Roy: "Chelsea Handler is noticeably absent from that lis ..."

Rick in SK: "Wake me up if S.E. Cupps decides to get into porn ..."

Christopher R Taylor: "The only use of this list is to mock and poke at t ..."

Soothsayer -- Fake Commenter: " nooodo! ..."

alexthechick - Ragebunny. Hopping all around.: "So since the illegal guy didn't start the fire, he ..."

NYCcon: "Two-trick pony. That's gold. ..."

Tom Servo: "It's a very useful list, in fact. 25 Traitorous ..."

Recent Entries
Search


MuNuvians
Polls! Polls! Polls!
Frequently Asked Questions
The (Almost) Complete Paul Anka Integrity Kick
Top Top Tens
Greatest Hitjobs

The Ace of Spades HQ Sex-for-Money Skankathon
A D&D Guide to the Democratic Candidates
Margaret Cho: Just Not Funny
More Margaret Cho Abuse
Margaret Cho: Still Not Funny
Iraqi Prisoner Claims He Was Raped... By Woman
Wonkette Announces "Morning Zoo" Format
John Kerry's "Plan" Causes Surrender of Moqtada al-Sadr's Militia
World Muslim Leaders Apologize for Nick Berg's Beheading
Michael Moore Goes on Lunchtime Manhattan Death-Spree
Milestone: Oliver Willis Posts 400th "Fake News Article" Referencing Britney Spears
Liberal Economists Rue a "New Decade of Greed"
Artificial Insouciance: Maureen Dowd's Word Processor Revolts Against Her Numbing Imbecility
Intelligence Officials Eye Blogs for Tips
They Done Found Us Out, Cletus: Intrepid Internet Detective Figures Out Our Master Plan
Shock: Josh Marshall Almost Mentions Sarin Discovery in Iraq
Leather-Clad Biker Freaks Terrorize Australian Town
When Clinton Was President, Torture Was Cool
What Wonkette Means When She Explains What Tina Brown Means
Wonkette's Stand-Up Act
Wankette HQ Gay-Rumors Du Jour
Here's What's Bugging Me: Goose and Slider
My Own Micah Wright Style Confession of Dishonesty
Outraged "Conservatives" React to the FMA
An On-Line Impression of Dennis Miller Having Sex with a Kodiak Bear
The Story the Rightwing Media Refuses to Report!
Our Lunch with David "Glengarry Glen Ross" Mamet
The House of Love: Paul Krugman
A Michael Moore Mystery (TM)
The Dowd-O-Matic!
Liberal Consistency and Other Myths
Kepler's Laws of Liberal Media Bias
John Kerry-- The Splunge! Candidate
"Divisive" Politics & "Attacks on Patriotism" (very long)
The Donkey ("The Raven" parody)
News/Chat
Archives
Powered by
Movable Type 2.64