Sponsored Content
GALLUP: TRUMP JOB APPROVAL RISES TO HIGHEST LEVEL EVER, AT 49% | Main | Johnny Depp's Ex, Who Accused Him Of Physical Abuse, Admits Having Physically Struck Depp in Hidden-Mic Audio
February 04, 2020

Is Coronavirus Already a Pandemic?

But covered up by the corrupt communist tyrants of the Chinese government?

Experts believe the highly transmissible coronavirus will become a pandemic as infected numbers continue to increase in China and countries around the world, according to a startling report.

A pandemic is described as a disease that spreads across a large region, across continents and even the entire globe. The coronavirus is reportedly spreading at a similar pace to influenza compared to the slow-moving SARS and MERS, according to the New York Times.

"It's very, very transmissible, and it almost certainly is going to be a pandemic," Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, told the paper.

Unbelievably, the Sydney Morning Herald -- a major national newspaper in Australia, which could easily become the next area afflicted with the pandemic -- opines that the real scary thing about the coronavirus isn't the coronvirus, it's all the racism- and xenophobia- based fear of coronavirus.

Even if you do somehow catch the coronavirus, your chance of dying is just 2.2 per cent, based on Chinese government data so far. In other words, even if you catch it and happen to live in China, your chances of survival are 97.8 per cent.

More virulent than the coronavirus is the fear virus. It travels faster, requires no physical contact and does a lot more damage to a country's overall wellbeing. The world is well on the way to containing the coronavirus. It is only just beginning to feel the full effects of the fear virus.


[T]he national government needs to stem the fear and suspicion of Chinese people, and even anyone who might be mistaken for being Chinese. Australia has a deep national investment in the wellbeing of its 1.2 million Chinese Australians.

Morrison needs to affirm their central place in the society and the economy. They need to be embraced as part of the solution to the coronavirus as well as the fear virus, not vilified as part of the problem.

Much as the Muslim Australian community played a vital part in halting the spread of radical Islamist terorism, the Chinese Australian community can be a vital part of the management of this twin virus.

Of course. The real threat isn't coronavirus, it's fear of the virus and measures taken to restrict travel, which are "racist." Just exactly as the real threat of terrorism wasn't terrorism at all, it was fear of terrorists and efforts to limit travel from countries with high rates of terror support.

Instapundit rebuts this well:

[Quoting the SMH:] "Even if you do somehow catch the coronavirus, your chance of dying is just 2.2 per cent, based on Chinese government data so far."

The 1918 flu was 2.5% so that's not super-comforting.

And the 1918 flu killed literally millions.

Or, in a statistical measure that might make sense to the Sydney Morning Herald: the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic killed merely 3-5% of the total world population.

Though the pandemic lasted just 15 months, 500 million people worldwide fell sick and it killed between 3-5% of the world's population.

But the important thing here is not restrict travel to, and especially from, China. Sure we could save millions of people, but at what cost?

Do we even have lives worth living if we make someone cancel his travel plans and reschedule for six months later? I think not.

I also enjoyed how the Sydney Morning Herald wrote, "even if you somehow contract the virus," as if contracting a viral flu spread by sneezing or light physical transfer (touching hands) is some farfetched possibllity.

We had to listen to this same bullshit during the ebola outbreak, where we were endlessly lectured that having some degree of concern for our own lives and our children's lives, and showing ourselves and our children some small about of favoritism in deciding pandemic responses, was just RACIST FEARMONGERING and all true science-based individuals prefer the science-based "plan" of Let a Smile of Confidence and Kinship with all of Humanity Be Your Protection from Pandemic.

The cornoavirus is not yet killing millions -- merely scores. (Maybe a lot more, if China is hiding bodies.)

But this idea that we're supposed to put ourselves at risk of literally dying, just to make sure no one feels "excluded," is insane.

You know the death rate for feeling excluded? 0.00%, repeating.

The below Very Serious Science-Based Rationalist apes the same claim.

He wants to warn you of the real danger of coronavirus -- no, not that it might already be a pandemic, though one denied and covered up by China.

No, the real danger is that it causes Racism against the Chinese, and by "racism," yes, he specifically means "doubts about and criticisms of food safety standards in China."

That's the real risk here. We're down to having to worry about China's food safety standards is "racist" and that it would be better to risk our children's lives than to avoid food sourced from China.

This Soy Sage also denigrates the small number of people killed by the last outbreak. It's a standard opening move, I guess.

I think he should add a disclosure -- he obviously has a vested interest in seeing China-sourced foods continue being sold in the west.

I mean: He appears to be an entirely soy-based life-form.

Say, you know who thinks that it's very important to stop coronavirus from becoming a murderous plague?

China does. Or at least they do now.

Police BARRICADE screaming woman into her home with iron bars in Wuhan to stop coronavirus spreading

Police in China filmed barricading a family in Nantong inside their apartment

Huge iron bars were seen being screwed to the door to stop them from leaving

Woman in the apartment could be heard screaming as the bars were put in place
Family recently returned from Wuhan where the coronavirus was first recorded

Meanwhile, leftwingers bleat that we must all share and share alike in deadly plagues, otherwise, some people might have Health Privilege over others.

Oh, and CNN had to get in some Identity Politics (racist) propaganda on the issue too.

The scientists and epidemiologists currently protecting our country from coronavirus are mostly WHITE MALES, and that's a bad thing.

Say, I can't help noticing that 90% of the on-air reporters, as well as the senior producers and executives, at CNN are White Males too.

Is CNN going to advocate any Restorative Racial Justice within its own ranks or is that just for the Plebes Who Aren't On TV?

digg this
posted by Ace at 03:03 PM

| Access Comments

Recent Comments
BifBewalski [/s] [/u] [/i] [/b]: " I finally got talked into being a Volunteer Exami ..."

Captain Obvious, Laird o' the Sea, Radioactive Knight: "Turner and Hooch Posted by: Krebs v Carnot: Epic ..."

Kindltot: "[i]Point of order: OSU is the Beavers, OU is the D ..."

Krebs v Carnot: Epic Battle of the Cycling Stars (TM) [/b][/i][/s][/u]: " Turner and Hooch ..."

Eromero: ">>Tom Hanks has lost whatever he had. Well, he di ..."

Captain Obvious, Laird o' the Sea, Radioactive Knight: "Hanks was not in Tango and Cash. That was Stallone ..."

Krebs v Carnot: Epic Battle of the Cycling Stars (TM) [/b][/i][/s][/u]: " Hanks was not in Tango and Cash. That was Stallo ..."

Captain Obvious, Laird o' the Sea, Radioactive Knight: "The end of the road comes for us all, leaving asid ..."

Krebs v Carnot: Epic Battle of the Cycling Stars (TM) [/b][/i][/s][/u]: " In the videos above, it was plain as day that wh ..."

Thomas Bender: "@185 >>Tom Hanks has lost whatever he had. Firs ..."

Eromero: "Paddling a kayak or canoe is an art. ..."

JackStraw: ">>This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shin ..."

Recent Entries

Polls! Polls! Polls!
Frequently Asked Questions
The (Almost) Complete Paul Anka Integrity Kick
Top Top Tens
Greatest Hitjobs

The Ace of Spades HQ Sex-for-Money Skankathon
A D&D Guide to the Democratic Candidates
Margaret Cho: Just Not Funny
More Margaret Cho Abuse
Margaret Cho: Still Not Funny
Iraqi Prisoner Claims He Was Raped... By Woman
Wonkette Announces "Morning Zoo" Format
John Kerry's "Plan" Causes Surrender of Moqtada al-Sadr's Militia
World Muslim Leaders Apologize for Nick Berg's Beheading
Michael Moore Goes on Lunchtime Manhattan Death-Spree
Milestone: Oliver Willis Posts 400th "Fake News Article" Referencing Britney Spears
Liberal Economists Rue a "New Decade of Greed"
Artificial Insouciance: Maureen Dowd's Word Processor Revolts Against Her Numbing Imbecility
Intelligence Officials Eye Blogs for Tips
They Done Found Us Out, Cletus: Intrepid Internet Detective Figures Out Our Master Plan
Shock: Josh Marshall Almost Mentions Sarin Discovery in Iraq
Leather-Clad Biker Freaks Terrorize Australian Town
When Clinton Was President, Torture Was Cool
What Wonkette Means When She Explains What Tina Brown Means
Wonkette's Stand-Up Act
Wankette HQ Gay-Rumors Du Jour
Here's What's Bugging Me: Goose and Slider
My Own Micah Wright Style Confession of Dishonesty
Outraged "Conservatives" React to the FMA
An On-Line Impression of Dennis Miller Having Sex with a Kodiak Bear
The Story the Rightwing Media Refuses to Report!
Our Lunch with David "Glengarry Glen Ross" Mamet
The House of Love: Paul Krugman
A Michael Moore Mystery (TM)
The Dowd-O-Matic!
Liberal Consistency and Other Myths
Kepler's Laws of Liberal Media Bias
John Kerry-- The Splunge! Candidate
"Divisive" Politics & "Attacks on Patriotism" (very long)
The Donkey ("The Raven" parody)
Powered by
Movable Type 2.64