Lies, Damned Lies, and "Fact Checking:" Exposing The Media's Latest Attempt To Smuggle Liberal Ideological Doctrine In The Guise of "Facts" | Main | Obama's Preacher's Sermon: It's Our Fault For Expecting So Much
December 11, 2011

Currently Streaming on Netflix: "Waiting For Superman" and "The Cartel" and "The Lottery"

Three great documentaries. Waiting For Superman is done by a liberal, so you get the added Even Liberals Are Saying It authority of a liberal decimating the Teachers Unions.

The Cartel is also good, but it lacks the emotional narrative arc of Waiting For Superman.

Waiting For Superman dramatizes its point -- that teachers unions are keeping students in failing schools, to doom them for life, just in order to keep their monopolies and their union benefits -- by following eight or so young kids whose only chance for success is winning the school-choice lottery. As an attempt to placate the public, the teachers unions will allow something like 10% of students to escape their horrific schools via the lottery system -- but they will keep the other 90% in prison.

Here's the thing: Of the eight kids you follow throughout the film, only a few make it out. Because that's the way the Teachers Unions want it to be.

The Lottery is the same idea, following kids through this process.

It's terrible, and this only happens because the teachers union wants to keep its horrific teachers in their horrific schools, and because the Democratic Party needs the teachers unions donations and manpower.

I've mentioned these documentaries before, but now they're all streaming. Just a click away if you have Netflix.

If you think you're outraged, but haven't watched these yet -- you're not really fully outraged.

Free on Hulu, Too: The Lottery and The Cartel are also absolutely free on Hulu (though I think there are advertisements at various points).

Weft-cut loop points that out.



digg this
posted by Ace at 02:28 PM

| Access Comments




Recent Comments
Puddin Head: "So when Biden does a flop sweat tonight then we ge ..."

artisanal 'ette: "[i] I think Graham's biggest worry is the exodus o ..."

Martini Farmer: "Biden will be able to debate for 90 minutes becaus ..."

bluebell: "Happy birthday, josephistan! I hope you have a gre ..."

Warai-otoko: "532 Malkin has a video up saying the Minnesota Rep ..."

TheJamesMadison, shouting Lawrence! into the desert: "533 There is not one debate topic that Trump cann ..."

Mr. Peebles: "[i]I hope Trump got his sleep.[/i] Trump does ..."

Joe Mannix (Not a cop!): "An orderly society needs effective policing. AL SH ..."

Northernlurker, still lurking after all these years: "Biden is probably right on the knife edge of a dru ..."

sniffybigtoe: "When the comments were down and I had read all the ..."

JT: "Happy birthday to me. I got around 30 good years l ..."

Nick in Tallahassee: "525. It appears our fate is to have one huge blue ..."

Recent Entries
Search


Polls! Polls! Polls!
Frequently Asked Questions
The (Almost) Complete Paul Anka Integrity Kick
Top Top Tens
Greatest Hitjobs

The Ace of Spades HQ Sex-for-Money Skankathon
A D&D Guide to the Democratic Candidates
Margaret Cho: Just Not Funny
More Margaret Cho Abuse
Margaret Cho: Still Not Funny
Iraqi Prisoner Claims He Was Raped... By Woman
Wonkette Announces "Morning Zoo" Format
John Kerry's "Plan" Causes Surrender of Moqtada al-Sadr's Militia
World Muslim Leaders Apologize for Nick Berg's Beheading
Michael Moore Goes on Lunchtime Manhattan Death-Spree
Milestone: Oliver Willis Posts 400th "Fake News Article" Referencing Britney Spears
Liberal Economists Rue a "New Decade of Greed"
Artificial Insouciance: Maureen Dowd's Word Processor Revolts Against Her Numbing Imbecility
Intelligence Officials Eye Blogs for Tips
They Done Found Us Out, Cletus: Intrepid Internet Detective Figures Out Our Master Plan
Shock: Josh Marshall Almost Mentions Sarin Discovery in Iraq
Leather-Clad Biker Freaks Terrorize Australian Town
When Clinton Was President, Torture Was Cool
What Wonkette Means When She Explains What Tina Brown Means
Wonkette's Stand-Up Act
Wankette HQ Gay-Rumors Du Jour
Here's What's Bugging Me: Goose and Slider
My Own Micah Wright Style Confession of Dishonesty
Outraged "Conservatives" React to the FMA
An On-Line Impression of Dennis Miller Having Sex with a Kodiak Bear
The Story the Rightwing Media Refuses to Report!
Our Lunch with David "Glengarry Glen Ross" Mamet
The House of Love: Paul Krugman
A Michael Moore Mystery (TM)
The Dowd-O-Matic!
Liberal Consistency and Other Myths
Kepler's Laws of Liberal Media Bias
John Kerry-- The Splunge! Candidate
"Divisive" Politics & "Attacks on Patriotism" (very long)
The Donkey ("The Raven" parody)
Powered by
Movable Type 2.64